|Fleeceworks Care For A Good Ride!|
As with all of your high value tack items, with appropriate care, the Fleeceworks sheepskin saddle pad products and accessories will perform well for many years. As with all natural sheepskin and/or leather products, excessive exposure to sun or water will reduce their natural elasticity and resiliency, which is key for the product performance you depend on.
1. Remove all inserts, fully adhere the Velcro surfaces to each other (free Velcro hook surfaces may fill with wool fibers). Inserts should be thoroughly rinsed clean in clear water, and then air dried.
2. Wash only one or two pads at a time,in a front loading washer. Cold water wash, delicate or gentle cycle only.
3. Use only Leather Therapy® Laundry Solution and the Leather Therapy® Rinse & Dressing. http://www.leathertherapy.com/categories/Equestrian-Products/
a. Do not use any kind of normal laundry detergent or fabric softners as these will remove the natural wool oils and break down the leather tannins and respective leather oils.
b. Also do not use baby or pet shampoos, as delicate as they may be, they are destructive to your sheepskin and wool products.
4. When washing is complete, air dry in a well ventilated area, avoiding any direct sunlight.
5. Drying with a hair dryer or in a tumble laundry dryer will dry the product too quickly, inducing damage and will void your warranty!
6. Frequent washing will shorten the longevity of product
Have a good ride with your performance Fleeceworks products. Please contact us for advice, issues or product suggestions through our web site at www.fleeceworks.com ! Look for us on Facebook & Twitter.